Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Noobs. You know NOTHING!

You call this insanity. I call it therapy.
I was up early in the morning the other day because I had an appointment with my personal trainer. I wound up waking two hours earlier than intended (due to an unfortunate mishap with my drunken ability to set my alarm clock), and spent those wee hours of the morning watching VHI's Top Video Countdown, which is a little better than AMTV, 'cos for one, it doesn't repeat the same recycled mainstream music piece of gargoyle shit.

I found Green Day's new single, 21 Guns. You have to admit, these guys stick to their winning formula when it comes to making songs. Punk rock songs are supposed to be hard-edged with subliminal messaging about political convictions and anti-establishment lyrics. 21 Guns does just that. The 21 Guns Salute originated in naval traditions, where a warships will fire all its round to sea to signify that it's disarmed and ammunitions had been spent, showing the lack of hostile intent.
So, that was good. Also, to fulfill my pop-punk quota of the day, I found All Time Low's Damned if I do Ya, (Damned if I don't!). Which isn't horrendous, but somehow, it sounds like the composition has been recycled, and while the words are original and entertaining, it falls short to my expectations. These guys can do better. But all in all, it's a pretty good track.

Okay, I'm done being smarticles.

"My summer is still lacking in thrilling action sequences and riveting romance scenes that will leave you believing in true love.In fact, my summer is the Norbit of all movies.It is the glorious fart in-between seats at a movie theater. The one that leaves you wondering, "Who the fu...?"

I ought to stop complaining and make things happen myself. I should "Get a life!" as my peers kindly suggest to me when walking down the hallways.
Ugh. Get a life?
That sounds like too much activity to me. :]

I wish I could go visit my friends in Rep.Dom. I'm sure that'd be a great couple of weeks. But the Prima Donna of the house doesn't want my company.
It's not bad enough that we menstruate together, now I have to listen to the woman?
Gee, I'm living a charmed life.

Peace out.
Tai. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment