Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Three more years of High School.

I've got a new favorite song. It's "Sometime around Midnight" by The Airborne Toxic Event, and it's video is really something special. In fact, I watched it this morning right before my jog on AM MTV and I was completely taken aback by the wistful lyrics and the powerful, real voice of Mikel Jollet. One of the bands to watch out for this year.

I had this weird crystallizing moment that made me realize something that hadn't registered in my brain before: I'm a Sophomore. This can't be a blog about my freshman experiences in High School, because frankly, my freshman experiences blew. I mean, seriously, hardly any good parties. Jokes aside, looking back at this year I've come to the conclusion that I am one boring chick-a-dilly. I ought to go out more, but I'm as lazy as it comes.

There's always Sophomore year. :] Ahhh, I can anticipate some real good times, and I'm damn sure gonna make it a hell-fire year bursting with fun and funny things; preferrably teachers caked in donut filling.

C'mon, tell me you can't picture it.

Honestly, though, I can't seem to shake the doom and gloom (And all things that go Ka-boom!) feeling out of my head. Becoming a Sophomore entails a lot more than the rights to pick on the new freshmeats.

See, we're the ones who get flooded with letters reminding us about our SAT Prep Exams, the ones who are somewhat sandwhiched between grade levels. I mean, what the hell are we? We're not "Upper-Classmen," we barely pass the hygiene check. Our idea of fun is to hog the treadmill machines at the local YMCA, gathering in our little cliques and bother the crud out of the adults who are actually there to care for their personal fitness.

We're immmature, loud, and we can't face facts or save face. We're like little Michael Jacksons, moonwalking around walgreens with characeristically creepy smiles and incredibly pale faces. Which is ironic, I mean, this is Florida. But hey, what the hell, I love it! I can already see the adults blood boiling when we take our brother/sister's car out for a test drive.

So, in honor of my following year, I hereby proclaim this blog "The Sophomore Version". 'Tis about time I one-upped myself. So, it's official...

I'm a sophomore, baby. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment